Registrar Program Supervisor (Clinical Psychologist)
Click the zoom link when you have a scheduled session with this supervisor. (Passcode eDV74X)
Access your professional development so that you can discuss in your next session.
Book, cancel and reschedule your session on the supervision booking portal.
Alex has over 12 years of experience providing psychological therapy in both public and private sector. He has expertise in the areas of trauma, sexuality, and men’s health. Currently in candidature for a PhD through the University of New England in clinical psychology, investigating a specific area with eating disorders and psychiatric illness. Professional areas of interest include Depression, anxiety and specific phobias, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, OCD and PTSD.
Alex is highly skilled in the provision of a range of therapeutic approaches including Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, interpersonal psychotherapy, and brief solution-focused therapies. He has significant experiences and skills in the delivery of neurocognitive assessments for cognitive and intellectual functioning, personality disturbances, and forensic and medico-legal preparations and reports.
- Case Report Reviewing
- Psychometric Assessment (WAIS,WISC, WASI, WIAT, WRAT, PAI, NEO, RBANS, MMPI, 16PF, DASS, RCADS, SDQ, PHQ, BPRS)
- Ethical and Professional Issues
- Supervising Decisions Relating to Mandatory Reporting
- Supervising Those with Conditions Placed on their Registrations
- Intervention and Treatment Planning
- Working with Adults and Late Adulthood
- Working with Adolescence (12 -18 yo), Late Adolescence (18 - 25 yo)
- Working with Gender Diverse Populations
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Survivors of Child Sexual Assault
- Working with AOD
- Acute Adult Mental Health Disorders
- NDIS, including Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Intervention with Trauma
- Neurodiverse Clients
- Diagnosis and Using Psychometric Assessments for Diagnosis
- Risk Assessment
- Occupation Rehabilitation
- Correctional Facilities